COVID 19 staff policy – 2/6/20
If you were an employee on May 13th 2020, you would have been asked if you’d like to participate in the Covid 19 Risk Assessment. Details of which are available on \\MI-DC-01\Public and look for “Martel Covid 19 information.”
The following policy is a result of the company wide Covid 19 risk assessment, and all staff must comply. Failure to comply will be dealt with under the Company’s Disciplinary Procedures
If you are at home and are experiencing Coronavirus symptoms, do NOT attend the site but contact NHS111 and advise your Manager of their instructions
If you experience symptoms at work advise your line manager, and go to the Board Room to await their instruction
To help you comply with the policy we have implemented the following:
- Your temperature will be taken upon arrival, and at regular intervals throughout the day. Should your temperature exceed 37.6°C you will be required to take a disposable temperature test. Should this test exceed 37°C we will ask you questions from the 111 Coronavirus website – https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19/ – the outcome of which will determine whether you remain on site or are required to self-isolate.
- Floor markers have been put in place throughout the building to help you adhere to 2 metre social distancing requirements.
- Covid 19 information posters are available throughout the building.
- PPE is provided by the company, when needed, it should be requested from the person conducting regular temperature checks.
- Plastic cups have been removed from all water stations, and you have been provided with a water bottle for your use only, which must be washed at the end of each day, either in the Company dishwasher or taken home.
- Additional clocking stations have been implemented throughout the factory, however, please be aware of the 2 metre social distancing rule when queueing to use a station.
- Additional ESD sign in stations have been implemented throughout the factory. Please use the station designated to you by your line manager.
- We have engaged a full time cleaner whose job is to clean all public areas, including toilets three times each day
- We have provided you with a Pathfindr Safe Distancing Assistant which will tell you when you are less than 2 metres from anybody. It must be worn unless you have to be within two metres for training in which case you must wear a mask. You are responsible for keeping it charged. Please go to Stores should you need new batteries (rechargeable – a charge should last 4-5 days).
You must adhere to the following:
- Make use of the hand sanitization stations available at staff entrance and exits.
- When answering the door at Main Reception, or Warehouse, you must wear gloves and a mask.
- You must wash your hands regularly throughout the day, or hand sanitize.
- You are responsible for your own work station, and cleaning should be done regularly throughout the day.
- Desk hopping / tool sharing should be kept to a minimum, and if used, you are responsible for the cleaning of such.
- You must use full PPE (mask and gloves) for close contact or training. Masks must be changed regularly throughout the day.
- PPE should be requested from whomever is taking the temperatures
- You must take care in the corridors and be aware that other staff members may be out of your line of sight.
- You have been assigned a specific canteen and toilets to use. Please do not use any other areas without permission from your line manager.
- Please use the Vacant / Engaged sign on your designated toilet door entrance to ensure that social distancing guidelines can be met in all bathrooms.
- You must use, and keep to, the designated walkways which have been implemented from the main building to the cabins, toilets and smoking areas.
- You must use the social distancing markers in place at the designated smoking areas.
- From the Cabins to the main building, gloves, mask and HI-VIS must be worn.
- A cabin window must be opened when soldering.
- When using the kitchen area, a mask needs to be worn by both employees.
- When leaving the cabin for any purpose, your HI-VIS must be worn.
- Walkie Talkies must be kept charged, and are for emergency use only.
- Fire extinguishers and first aid kits have been supplied for your use.
- You must use gloves for changing the feeder and setting up.
- Only use wipes to clean the machine, no liquid of any kind.
- You must keep one car park space between cars to allow social distancing upon arrival and exit each day.
If you feel unsafe you MUST report your concerns to your line manager, or a Senior Manager on site, who will investigate and resolve
If you receive a call from a Contact Tracer please feel free to talk about his policy and the risk assessments which have been carried out. Let your Manager know that you have been contacted and also let them know who you think you might have been in close contact with at work.
You will find All documentation relating to our Covid 19 policy at: \\mis1\Public and look for “Martel Covid 19 Information”